Friday, July 9, 2010

Spontaneous T.R.O.U.B.L.E.!!!!

If you love country music,  you'll recognize that song title from this handsome fella....


After my two nephew's baseball games were cancelled due to rain, my brother in law Jack started fishing around for something to do last night.  Travis Tritt was playing at the DTE music theater, an outdoor venue in Clarkston right near my mom's house.  So with a little finagling of babysitters (the five kids were dispersed to three different places!), Jack, Erin, Craig (Jack's brother) and I headed out to SEE A CONCERT!  Note:  the all-caps on that last line are to help you understand how very long it has been since I have done such a thing!  I was geeked to be getting out to have a fun night with real live adults and no kids!

We took a few pics in the parking lot before the concert.  I really wish I had brought the camera in becasue we were only about 14 rows from the stage and I could have gotten some sweet shots.  Oh well...

My gorgeous sis and her handsome hubby

A couple of hottie sisters.  I'm just sayin'....


Some nice passers-by took one of all of us.

Here are some highlights of the evening:
--The opening band (can't remember the name) had a lead singer who was a dead ringer for my Uncle Larry, who just happens to be in town this week from California. 
--As aforementioned, we were only about 14 rows up, and we were in the only section that WANTED to stand up and dance!  Yay!  We are people that HAVE to get up and move when there is good music.  It is just required!
--We had some ladies right behind us, and one of them was physically disabled and couldn't stand the whole time.  Of course, the whole crowd in front of us was standing and Jack felt really bad for her.  So Jack tried to get the usher guy to let them move up.  Too bad he was a putz and wouldn't do it.  There were plenty of seats, and it would have been the nice thing to do but he said he didn't have the authority.  That's my brother in law---he is such a nice guy.  The ladies did seem to have a great time regardless, and it sure was nice of Jack to try.
--The ladies in front of us were a HOOT!  They were truly old school--eighty's hair and all.  They were hilarious! 
--Travis Tritt has the nicest smile!  Oh my goodness.  And he smiled all night---you could really tell he loved to watch the crowd react to his performance and was really humble about it.
--TT's pants---leather in the front, blue jean in the back, bling on the bo-hiney.  You might think "ugh!" but let me tell you---Mama likey! :-)
--I got carded!  And NOOOOO!  I didn't buy or drink any beer, but Erin and Jack did, and they will card everyone in the group if they think they need to.  I don't ever get carded because I don't drink, so that was a particular delight to show my forty-one year old self's ID!  Oh yeah!
--It was HOT!  We were in the pavilion which had little air circulation.  Erin and I had sweat dripping down the back of our necks.  Didn't stop us from dancing though!
--At the end, TT rocked out to some classic country--Waylon and Johnny Cash.  Jack was in heaven. 
--On the way home we rocked out to the Bee Gee's Stayin' Alive.  Talk about genre confusion!  :-)  But so fun!

Here is a photo of us AFTER the concert.  Note the flattened hair due to sweating our fool heads off.

Thanks, Erin and Jack, for inviting me along!  I had a total blast!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! That sounds like a blast! I'm so glad you are having such a good time and getting some adult time! You deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. De-Light-Ful!!! How fun! I'm a little shocked by your comment about TT's bo-hiney (not really - I actually laughed out loud). Glad you got to go!

    ReplyDelete