Thursday, July 29, 2010

Back to the Johnson's house!

Julie made the mistake of giving us an open invitation to come out and see her, the kids, and their animals, so I took her up on it one more time before we left Michigan.    This time, I took my nieces with me and Kendra.  The kids were fascinated by the livestock and asked Julie tons of questions.  They got to help feed the cow and the chickens, give the horses some treats, and we all rode bareback on Gus for a tiny bit.  They even sent us home with six fresh eggs from that morning's gathering, which we had for breakfast the next day!  Delish!  Gotta love those Johnsons!!!

L was kind enough to wrangle a young chicken for the girls to pet.

Gathering hay for Porter the cow (Porter short for Porterhouse.  Hee hee!)

My favorite picture!!!!  Love that cow face!

Charlie got some more lovin'...

Kendra bareback on Gus


Gracie getting her ride.

Tessa's turn.

I took a ride on Gus too, and I will admit that I am not a fan of the bareback feeling.  I definately like the security of having my feet in something to give me some stability.  My niece took some pictures of me but they were pretty unflattering, so I am choosing not to post them !  :-)  Author's perogative!


This is beautiful Kendra with beautiful Cruz (or Cruise...there is a family debate on the spelling!)
Thanks Julie and L for having us out again!  Miss you guys already!


No comments:

Post a Comment