Friday, July 30, 2010

Holy Hairbows Batman!

So in the last year, I have made many hair bows for my Kendra with a very easy technique that I found on someone's blog somewhere (sorry I'm not giving proper credit but I can't remember!).  I have them hanging on a length of gros grain ribbon in her bathroom, and when we packed for our Michigan trip, I just grabbed the whole thing and packed it.  On one of our first nights in Michigan, I asked my sister if she had seen my bows before (I didn't remember if I had made some before last year's trip or not), and she looked appalled that I had not shared them with her before!  She has two lovelies, so of course her first thought was, "We gotta make some of those for my house!"  Then a few of Erin's friends got wind of it and wanted in.  Several trips to the crafting stores for ribbon runs and hair clips netted us about 75 bows!!!!!  I went home with a few, Kelly and Erica (E's friends) have a fair number, but my sister's house ended up with FIFTY!!!!  She needed three lengths of ribbon to hold them all!  As my sister took the load upstairs to hook on the wall, she told me that she gave me express permission to ground her two girls next summer if I come back and find a whole bunch of bows missing!  Beware girls:  this is now in writing!!!! 

We did two kinds of bows...the ribbon kind that I learned on the blog, and then we also did silk flower ones that are super easy (just take the flower apart, remove the plastic backing, hot glue all the layers back together and attach a clip--voila!  Pretty!)

My nephew Jack decided to model some for us...

Can't wait to dig this bad boy up when he gets married. 
Oh yeah.

1 comment:

  1. O.K Colleen!! I need to be shown how to do this! We just went and got Cloey some school clothes and I don't have any hair things to match! I would LOVE to be taught your super easy secret! Hopefully before school?!? Let me know if you are up for it! They look super cute!!

    ReplyDelete