Thursday, July 29, 2010

The show must go on (and on and on and on)...

(note:  I got really behind on my posts from our Michigan trip so I'm trying to do multiple postings in one day...scroll down for more if you want to see them!)

My family is pretty musical.  My sister and I sing, my brother in law Jack sings and plays guitar, my brother is an awesome drummer, my dad is a drummer.  So it stands to reason that the kids are pretty musical too.  One of the favorite pastimes of the summer is for the kids to put on "shows" for us.  It helps that my sister's house has a complete band set up (lots of guitars and a drum kit plus several mics) and my mom's house has a drum kit, too.  My nephews, in particular, are very talented musically---the 12 year old is amazing at drums (so much so that he has played in shows with his parent's band on occasion) and the 6 year old stands to possibly bypass the talent of his big brother if he continues on the way he is going!  They are both self-taught percussionists....just a natural sense of rhythm that they were born with, I suppose.  Anyway, the two boys have a little "band" and they have even written several songs themselves.  I just had to post a video I took of them---sorry you can't hear the words to the song very well, but the mic wasn't turned up.  Keep in mind that Jack (on guitar) has never had a lesson in his life on guitar, and Luke is only SIX.  This video is five minutes long...please don't feel like you have to watch all of it (unless you are related to these cuties, of course!)


Early in our visit, my uncle Larry from California was in town with his girlfriend Charlotte.  We had dinner at my mom's house with them and my sister's family, and of course the kids had to put on a show.  The boys played three songs from their playlist.

We had to limit the songs to three last year because they could keep going for HOURS!

After the boys' concert they signed autographs...who knows, they may be famous someday!

LOVIN' the tongue sticking out in concentration!

Then it was the girls's turn.  They found coordinating outfits in Bama's closet and did some singing and dancing for everyone.  Most impressive this year was that they did the songs a capella---no music!  I'm amazed at how these girls can learn all the words to songs so quickly! 


The cutest thing they did was a "raffle" at the beginning of their show. They handed out little slips of paper and we had to put our names on them and put them in a bowl.   The two winners got the honor of being in the last number with the girls...and my mom and Charlotte won! (I personally breathed a sigh of relief that I didn't "win"!)


How cute is that?



No comments:

Post a Comment