Saturday, March 17, 2012

Spring Break Days 5 & 6!

Friday's spruce up project was to take care of our bedrooms.   Kendra's needed more organizing than anything, and mine was done relatively quickly((I am not a hoarder!).  We also took the opportunity to go through spring/summer clothes for Kendra and packed up the winter wear. We determined a few needs for her spring wardrobe and did a little shopping after our cleaning session as our "fun" thing to do.

She went in...

..and this is what came out.  Sheesh. 
Friday night we had two unexpected events.  The first was a thunderstorm that woke us up.  Not a big deal except Kendra is terribly afraid of storms and even more so when they are a surprise.  I had no idea they were in the forecast. But I love a good nighttime storm, so it was pleasant for me!

The second surprise was significantly less pleasant.  Earlier in the day I had noticed that the very large mirror on top of my dresser seemed off-kilter.  Sure enough, it had slid down some from where it should be in the frame.  I didn't know if I could handle trying to fix it on my own (seemed like a two-adult job), so I just left it.   And at 4:45 a.m., the mirror decided it was done with its precarious position, so it just crashed out of the frame onto the floor behind the dresser.  Talk about jump starting your heart!!!
The now empty mirror frame.  Sigh. I'm thinking that replacing it is going to be mighty costly.  I might just bring down the frame and buy a different large framed mirror to hang on the wall instead--I think it will be cheaper!

Parts of the shattered mirror.  Going to be a fun time to move that herkin' dresser to get it all.  Trash can is over-full from our spruce ups this week so I'm waiting to clean it up.
 I also received a phone call on Friday that was a bit surprising.  I am being released from my calling as the primary chorister.  I wasn't overly surprised since I've had the calling for three years and my primary president has been feeling for a while that it might be time for me to be released.  What was a bit surprising is that I was told I was being released, but I wasn't called in for a meeting to get a new calling.  I've never had that happen before---I have always gotten back-to-back callings.  I'm not complaining..it will be nice to have a bit of a break before getting new responsibilities!

Saturday we had NO spruce up work on the calendar...yay!  Just had to do the regular laundry/grocery shopping Saturday routine.  Our fun thing was something I purchased through Groupon waaaaayyy back at Christmas time.  It was for a family painting session at this neat place called Creative Canvas.  They basically provide the canvas, paint, and expertise and teach you how to paint a picture! I would say that Kendra did about 75% of the picture.  She did the ground work for all of it, and I helped a lot with the detail stuff more.  We had a really great time working together to make our masterpiece!





It was St. Patty's day, so hence the matching green shirts!

Voila!  Our finished piece.  Pretty neat!
Tomorrow is officially our last day of break, and we're going to be treating it like any other Sunday---church and getting ready for the week at school.  Sigh.  Neither of us want to go back to school, but summer is coming and we can DO IT!  We had such a fantastic week together this week!  Bye bye, spring break!  We'll miss you!

2 comments:

  1. #1: I'm right there with Kendra! I hate thunderstorms and especially at night!
    #2: I Love your painting. It looks amazing!!
    #3: Cloey's bed and Kendra's bed (underneath) look about the same... sigh...
    #4: I loved reading about your week. You definitely put my week to shame. I tried to do as little as possible.:) It was fun having all the kids home and have no schedules and we could relax and do whatever we wanted. I too am sad to see tomorrow come!!
    Oh: and #5: All the kids are going to miss you in Primary! You always did such a great job. I'm curious to where your talented self will go next!!...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing life you have. Thanks for taking the camera along so often. It's wonderful to see your girly life in color!

    ReplyDelete