Monday, March 12, 2012

Spring Break 2012 Day 1

Well, it isn't really day one if you count the weekend.  But we were pretty much slugs on Saturday and Sunday, and Monday is the first "day you should be at school but you aren't" day.  So we'll just roll with the day one thing, k?

Yesterday, when still in slug-form, Kendra and I plotted out our calendar with a balanced dose of work and fun sprinkled into each day off.  Today's weather was beyond compare, so it was destined to be the day we took care of yard work.  We started with weeding the beds, took a quick trip to the HD for a few annuals, planted them and Voila!  Pretty flower beds!
We went with marigolds--but these are a different variety.  The petals are much more delicate--they aren't the little pom pom look I remember from my youth.  Kendra really wanted yellow and orange this year, so there we go!
 I also mowed the weeds lawn and sprayed stuff to try to kill the massive weed infestation.  Warm winter = crazy weeds overtaking everything!!!

We cleaned up and headed out for the one doc appointment we have this week--I am having a laser treatment done for  (ewwww..) toenail fungus.  I've had it for a while on both big toes and it has caused me a lot of pain and problems.  It is not an insured procedure, so I made the decision a while ago to use some of my tax return to get it treated.  This treatment, added to the two minor "surgeries" related to the fungus, equals costs totaling about $1,000.  Thank you very much, $30 pedicure.  (I'm CERTAIN this is where I obtained the issue---you'll never catch my feet in a pedi salon again!)
There will be three treatments total.  Doesn't hurt--just a little tingly feeling occasionally.
The podiatrists office is in a rather upscale part of town with a fun outdoor shopping center.  We spent the afternoon walking around, enjoying the amazing weather, and mostly-window shopping.


 Kendra made one purchase at Justice, and I got a super deal at an accessories place called Charming Charlie.  They had some of those really BIG rings in their "Curtain Call" section--buy one get two free!  Walked out with two fun rings and a cute necklace for Kendra for $5 total!  Deal! 


We ended the day eating an obnoxiously large piece of cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory.  What a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment