Saturday, March 17, 2012

Spring Break Day 4--kitchen by day and knights by night!!

The spruce-up calendar said that day four was "kitchen" day!  We scrubbed, scrubbed, and scrubbed...and now everything is sparkly!  
Yep.  That's my bo-hiney sticking out from behind the fridge as I vacuumed up ginormous dust bunnies.
 As I cleaned behind the fridge I found a Milk Bone dog biscuit.  I wonder how long that has taunted the hound??  HA!
Kendra with her baseboard bucket--she did pretty much every baseboard in the house.  As it should be...she's much lower to the ground than I!
Then to the fun part of the day!  We've wanted to try Medieval Times for a while, so we did!  It is a dinner-and-a-show place,  with the dinner being utensil-less and the show being a jousting tournament!  Oh my, we had a BLAST!!!


We were seated in the "yellow" section, and bought a yellow flag to cheer on our knight.

The grand entrance of the king.

Our yellow knight, the Knight of Navarre.  I'm gonna say he was pretty much my kind of eye-candy.  Yep.
This picture is hilarious because it captured Kendra's concern.  She was so worried that someone or someHORSE was going to get hurt!  Such my tender-hearted girl.  I kept telling her it was a SHOW, you know, like with actors.  She wasn't buying it.
Look ma!  Only hands!  No utensils allowed! 
Cheering on our yellow knight...
...to victory!  He won his first round, but then alas, lost in the championship round. 
 The food was really delicious!  Each of us got a divine piece of sort-of flat bread, a half of a rotisserie chicken, a barbecue spare rib, some yummy seasoned potato wedges and an apple pastry for dessert.  The show was very exciting---lots of staged stunts, riding of horses, sword fighting and use of other medieval torturous weapons, a cool story line about a stranger from another land coming to steal the fair princess' hand, even a falconer who released the falcon to fly over the crowd (so cool!).  We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, and Kendra was very relieved that nobody got hurt!  :-)

2 comments:

  1. That medieval place looks awesome!

    And I love your spring spruce up idea. One room per day sounds do-able, and I bet your house feels so GOOD right now. I haven't cleaned beneath our fridge in the 3 years we've lived here. I'm a little nervous about what I'll find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Medieval Times!! I went there a couple of times when I went on choir tour in high school. So fun!! What a great week you had!!

    ReplyDelete