Monday, March 5, 2012

Rough winter...

This winter has been rough.  No, not with weather.  It's been so, so mild.  Very rare cold days.  No snow, which sounds normal for Texas but we've been here five winters and this is the first one without any of the white stuff.

It's been a hard winter for us health-wise.  I think it might be due to that warmer winter, actually.  You see, there's a saying.  If you don't have allergies when you move to Texas, just wait.  And stuff grows in a warm winter--allergy inducing stuff.  Apparently, we've acquired the allergies we were promised.  It's been a learning curve, and it has caused several sinus infections in both Kendra and me.  That, and a few random viruses as well.  This is what our counter has looked like for the last month or so....

I feel I should own stock in Walgreens by now.  Kendra and I are both on a regimen of Claritin once daily as well as nose sprays (not pictured...just add that to the bill!).  And we're actually the lucky ones!  I know many families who are dealing with repeated bouts of strep, several with pneumonia, and there have been tons of cases of RSV!  Crazy!

Spring break is next week.  I told my students today that while I really love them, it is time for a break from one another.  We all need to stop spreading the gunk around!  Die, little bugs, DIE!

No comments:

Post a Comment