Thursday, March 15, 2012

Spring Break--Day 3! A play, service, and tacos!!

I was a slacker in the pictures department today!  We'll just have to remember it in words...

Our spring break spruce up project today was the bathrooms.  We got up and started with the routine cleaning part, then did baseboards and walls.  Like most women, I use hair spray and there has been a significant build up of such on my tile floor.  I've tried many things to get it to come up, but no luck.  I found this tip on Pinterest and YES!  It worked!  Shampoo and water in a spray bottle---that's it!  Makes total sense--shampoo gets the hairspray out of my hair, so it stands to reason it will help get it out of anything else!  My tiles look fantastic!

Next, we met our Ballards at a local theater for a youth production of Aladdin.  I usually really enjoy the kids performances but this one was sort of "eh".  But we did get some time with our friends, which was nice.

After the show, we headed over to help out our friends, the Rodgers.   Much to our dismay, they are moving away from us!  Randy got a really great job opportunity about four hours south of here, so they are in big-time "getting the house ready to sell" mode.  I helped Missie with her kitchen---fourteen years in the house means we unearthed several "treasures" that are now in the garage sale pile!  We spent the better part of the afternoon helping out over there, then we were invited to Taco Night at Missie's parents house.  Missie's twin sister, Mindy, and her family were in town and her brother Josh and his wife came by, too.  They are such a fun, fun family!  I spent most of the evening rolling on the floor laughing!  And the tacos??  Oh my heavens.  Best I've EVER had.  Pops (Missie's dad) makes the crunchy shells himself, and Honey (Missie's mom) makes the most divine meat mixture.  I wasn't really very hungry but I ate three!!!  Addictive!!!  I'm really going to miss that whole family!  Boo!


1 comment:

  1. Remind me to live near you when it's moving time!! That was so nice of you two! Did ya get the taco recipe. You know tacos are our favorite ever food!!

    ReplyDelete