Monday, February 14, 2011

Sorta missed it...

Valentine's day, that is.  Not that it is a hugely important holiday in my opinion.  I'm not as cynical as some who talk about it being just a money-maker for florists and chocolatiers, but let's face it, it's not a big deal to a single gal who is as busy as a one-armed paper hanger (my mom's quote).  Usually I do something for Kendra, and this year wasn't different except that she has been sick and so she got her small gift a day early to perk her up.  With Valentine's being on a Monday and me needing to desperately have an academically focused week for my kids, we had our school party on Friday afternoon instead of having it on the "real" day.  Then today, Kendra was still sick and my awesome sister-from-another-mother (Sherry) took care of her so I could avoid missing another day.  So I didn't even see my own little sweetie most of today, until I picked her up, took her to the doctor, found out she has bronchitis, went to the pharmacy, picked up Subway, and finally dropped on the couch.  All that adds up to a very non-Valentine-y day.  But hey, I wore red.  That counts, doesn't it? 

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe she is still sick. Poor thing!! You are truly amazing and I know Kendra knows how much you love her without going over board. Good luck with getting your kids ready for their test! How stressful. Hopefully Kendra will get better so she can go back to school. I guess it pays to have your mom as the teacher so you can work with her at home if needed!! Let me know if I can do anything for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the bronchitis, no fun for sure. At least she's got the medicine now and can get better! I agree about V-Day; it's not one of my favorites- we didn't even do anything special, besides make a fancier dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cool thing is Kendra knows you love her every day of her life. And that's what really matters - not a box of chocolates one day of the year!

    ReplyDelete