Friday, February 4, 2011

I don't think we're in TEXAS anymore, Auntie Em!

Let's see.  My zip code still says Texas.  So does my license plate on my car.  So why does it feel like we've been transported north? 

We woke up to more winter goodness (read a TINY bit of sarcasm there).  Big HUGE flakes falling from the sky making a lovely cushion of 2-3 inches of fluff on top of the ice.  It was actually quite beautiful coming down. 

Being an only child who doesn't go to the school in her neighborhood makes these kind of days a bit of a bummer for Kendra.  Add in the fact that all of MY snow gear is in Michigan and I'm a total wimp about cold and you get a bigger bummer plus a momma guilt trip (self imposed---she never makes me feel bad about it!)  I helped her bundle up and she went out armed with a plastic Gladware bowl and and big plastic spoon, ready to build a wall o' snow on her own. 

The snow is BLINDINGLY white!  Sunglasses necessary!

In a short while, some of the neighborhood kiddos came out and they started a snowball fight.  They were so nice to invite Kendra, though she is a tad younger than them.  Snow wall construction abandoned in favor of flinging snowball fun!


Kendra was proud to tell me that she could throw farther than our neighbor friend, K, who is four years older than her!

Seriously, now.  I'm ready to get out of my house.  I've enjoyed the rest, gotten a lot of things accomplished, and I'M DONE!  Forecast says 41 degrees tomorrow.  Everyone and their brother will be out tomorrow but I DON'T CARE!  I'M GETTING OUT OF HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment