Monday, June 28, 2010

Journey NORTH--Day 1

Here we go again...our long trek to see the family up north.  We do it in three days because my bo-hiney and back can't handle more than 8-9 hours in the drivers seat.  First stop this year:  Memphis.  Thanks to Kendra's dad, again, we are staying at nice hotels with his hotel points.  In Memphis we are at a Fairfield by Marriott and were greated by a very enthusiastic young lady who emphatically thanked me for my loyalty to their line of hotels.  Didn't have the heart to tell her that I'm not loyal---just someone bumming the loyal person's hotel points!

The drive was very nice---big, fluffy cotton ball clouds and sunshine the whole way.  Even nicer still was knowing that my parched lawn and flower beds were getting drenched at home!  Grady was a trooper as usual, and Kendra is the ever-wonderful traveler.   We charged up our laptop computers and Kendra watched a movie on one while I took myself back in time and listened to a Chicago CD and belted the songs out with enthusiasm and earned odd looks from passers-by. 

Every year, we seem to stay at hotels that have indoor pools, and they won't let dogs on the pool decks (understandably!).  This hotel had an outdoor pool and I asked if could sit out there with Grady on a leash while Kendra swam.  To Kendra's delight, they said of course we could do that!  Here are a few cute pics of the swimmer and the hound who watched...



Next stop:  Indy!

1 comment:

  1. We miss you already!! I thought of you today and thought, "One day down, only like 29 to go!!" We hope you guys have a wonderful month with family!

    ReplyDelete