Friday, March 15, 2013

Great Wolf Lodge

I wanted to have a little getaway around spring break but didn't want to drive or fly far away.  One day I got an email on a good deal for Great Wolf Lodge (which is only about 40 minutes away from home) so we that's what we did!  We went on the Friday the weekend before spring break, hoping it wouldn't be terribly busy.  It wasn't too bad!

Kendra invited her friend Katherine, and I picked them both up from school and we headed out.  We grabbed a pizza on the way there, which was great because we ate the leftovers for lunch on Saturday.  We arrived and jumped into our swimsuits right away.   We hung out at the park for a while but the girls got tired (it had been a long week) so we got some ice cream from the little shop inside the hotel and settled in our room to chill.

We spent most of Saturday in the water park, eating leftover pizza and buying a cookie the size of my head.  The park started getting really crowded around 4:00 when the Saturday/Sunday crowd was coming in.  The girls had had their fill, so we headed out, stopping for some shopping at a nice shopping center on the way home.  Kendra has picked some really great friends, and it was delightful to spend the time with these two girlies.

In our cozies after nighttime swim/play


The big bucket that dumps on your head
The dumping of the bucket.  The girls are in there somewhere!
Kendra loves crossing these lily pads





The cookies as big as your head...
The best part for me?  I went on exactly ONE slide---and then read my book the rest of the time.  Kendra had a blast with her friend and I did, too!!!  :-)

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I've wanted to try out Great Wolf Lodge for years now. Glad you enjoyed your break from school!

    ReplyDelete