Saturday, July 30, 2011

Lake Huron

My sis and I took the kids out to see my dad and step-mom, who live about 1 1/2 hours from where my sis lives.  In the past, they had one of those quick-set pools that the kids played in for hours.  Well, they decided to take that down this year so we went to the house first, had some lunch, then packed up for the 4 minute ride to Lexington where we got to enjoy one of Michigan's five Great Lakes---Lake Huron!  Wow, was it pretty but boy was the water FREEZING!  Luckily, kids are kids and don't care how cold the water is so they dove right in and had a blast.  We had evening plans so we couldn't stay overly long, and we decided that next summer we would leave the day open so we could enjoy the beach and lake without time restraints.  Plus, the little town of Lexington was just charming and we would love to explore the shops next time!

Gotta love dvd players in the car!

Grandma Janice got in with the kids--brave woman!

My dad and sis

Dad with all the kiddos

Janice with the kiddos

Cool rocks that made the moms nervous

As far as Erin and I would go--we parked our chairs on the shore and put our feet in!

Looking for shells---a favorite for Kendra, and she looked so pretty I had to take a pic!

No comments:

Post a Comment