Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Baseball, Softball, Baseball, Softball...

My sister's four kids were all in a ball league this year, which meant MANY, many, MANY ball games to see while in Michigan this summer.  But I am the good aunt (and Kendra the good cousin) and we attended almost all of them. 

Spectating:
Most of the time we had delightful summer weather--hanging out in the 80's with low humidity.  Even needed jackets some evenings.  Some of the days were hot and humid, though, which necessitated the umbrella to shield from the beating sun. 










Luke:  He played coach-pitch ball this year with his dad as coach.  He's watched his three older sibs play for years, and he is SERIOUS about the game!

Watching little kids is so fun, but Erin and I got the opportunity to do more than that one game.  Jack made us coach the bases!  Luckily, with little kid ball it is a no-brainer.  Funniest moment:  a little kid was on third (where I was base-coaching) and he started jammering to me---"Hey, what do you think would happen if I kicked that water tower over there?"  "Hey, can you wrinkle your nose like this?"  Haaaa!!!
First base--Coach Erin

I got the raw end of the deal with the sun in my eyes on third.
Tessa:  hasn't wanted to do sports for a few years but decided to go for it this year.  Had fun in softball.  Love her socks!  :-)

Gracie:  One of the hardest working girls on her team because she either played pitch or catch.  Team was chock full of beginners so my competitive niece had rough times with the many losses.  Anybody know why they have girls who slide wear shorts????  Crazy.


Jack:  the oldest, most experienced ball player, and unfortunately he suffered the same fate as Gracie, being on a team full of beginners.  Dad (Jack) coached his team too.
Loved this shot of the father and son in the huddle. 


You know baseball is a thinking man's sport!

 Loved being there for my nieces and nephews!  So fun to cheer them on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment