Monday, October 25, 2010

Halloween 2010 Part 1: Ward Carnival

The young women of our ward did a bang up job of hosting our ward carnival this past Saturday.  Kendra couldn't wait to wear her Candy Corn costume!  Here she is with her friend, O, the Dead BYU Cheerleader.
They had all kinds of carnival games as well as a cupcake walk and mini-pumpkin decorating contest.  Kendra was especially excited about the pumpkin as it is become a tradition to have a mini to represent our dog.  My favorite was homemade root beer (on dry ice which made it slushy and oh so YUM!) and watching Kendra trying to eat a doughnut hanging from a string above her head!

 Almost....
GOT IT!!!

As for me, I reprised my role as Mormon Single Mom Elementary Teacher ROCK STAR.  I say "reprised" because this was the second time this week in this get-up.  The first time was at school.  YEP.  School.  Our school does a United Way campaign each year, and this year the theme was Rock On.  They organized a Teacher Battle of the Rock Bands competition in the lunchroom--the kids got to vote for their favorite band--10 cents per vote to be donated to the United Way.  I was asked to be the lead singer for one of the bands, and we had a lot of fun getting dressed for the part.  Needless to say, the VERY BEST part was seeing my kids when they saw me for the first time.  I had taken them to PE as regular old me, and when they came to the lunch room, their jaws dropped.  I didn't get any good pics at school, but I donned the purple hair/ripped shorts/fishnets/boots look again for the carnival:

This is quite outside my box, but it was a lot of fun! 

I got to snuggle with my friend Chelsea's sweet baby skeleton and she took this pic of me with my own cutie Candy Corn.
I'm considering making the purple hair color permanant.  What do you think?  SOOOO just kidding!!! 

Btw, this isn't the REAL Halloween costume.  That one isn't done yet.  To be continued....

1 comment:

  1. You guys looked great!! The carnival sure was fun huh?
    Ya, when Cloey saw you she was like, "Whoa!!!" Halloween is for dressing up like you wouldn't any other day of the year so your costume was perfect!! I can't wait for Saturday to see the "real" one!! You're going to look great!!!

    ReplyDelete