Saturday, October 16, 2010

Fall in Texas

The mid 80 degree temperatures and still-green trees are very un-autumnlike here in Texas, but the calendar says it is so it was time to decorate!  Our Halloween/Fall decor was pretty skimpy, and this year I decided to beef it up a bit.  I love fall--the real kind, with cider mills and freshly cooked doughnuts, beautiful trees changing colors and sweatshirts boasting of our favorite college team worn in the crisp, cool air.  Sigh.  I suppose I'll have to settle for cute scarecrows and mums that need water daily or they will parch in the Texas heat!

 Those are candy corn lights---cute!


 Not everyone can have scarecrows to represent their family!  Perfect for a family of two!
Stay tuned for the Halloween post...this year I am dressing up, too! 

2 comments:

  1. OK, it's weird, but the scarecrows DO kinda look like you two! Must be the eyelashes...

    Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed your decor the other day when I drove by and wished the outside of my house was as cute as yours.
    Love the inside look too.
    Can't wait to see your costume... you are going to look GREAT!!

    ReplyDelete