Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Birthday cash burning a hole in her pocket...

Kendra specifically asked for money from family this birthday because she knew she was getting the new Josefina American Girl doll from her Bama.  She decided Josefina was definately going to need some pajamas and possibly another outfit to add to the one that she arrives in.  Kendra also chose to save some of her saved Disney money for this endeavor, so in total she had about $90 to spend.

I took her and her friend, R, to the Dallas American Girl store yesterday.  They were so excited!  Kendra dressed up Mia and Josefina, and R brought her dolls, Rebecca and Ruthie.  We got there right when the store opened (by accident, not design).  We made the tour through the historical doll section and were starting in the contemporary doll section when Kendra exclaimed, "I'm just so excited, I'm shaking!"  What mom wouldn't be delighted to see her daughter so giddy???  Here are the girls and dolls upon arrival.


Next we headed upstairs to the doll hair salon.  We all decided that a new hairdo was really not worth the price (ranging from $10-$20), but Kendra decided that Mia definately needed her ears pierced.  Josefina came with pierced ears, but you can't remove them.  When you get them pierced in the store, you can take them out and change them.

After the ear piercing part, I noticed a few things about the store.  One, it started to fill up FAST!  And two, it was almost comical to watch all the parents just following their girls around the store, just like I was!  The girls really rule the shopping trip at that store!  I kept making eye contact with other moms who I'm guessing had the same look on their face as I did!
Kendra decided on a really pretty nightgown for Josefina, and then she and R both fell in love with this cute little contemporary outfit so they each bought it for their dolls.  Kendra also decided that Mia has 20/40 eyesight (really, that's what she said!) so she had to get her some glasses, too.

They really had a great time.  I'll admit I'm kinda glad the store isn't right around the corner from our house or it could become a temptation.  But this trip was awesome...I didn't spend a dime! 

Kendra really loves these dolls.  She plays with them all the time, and since she doesn't really play with toys that often (she prefers crafts and playing school), that is saying a lot.  She has already said that she intends to keep them both for her own children.  Aw.

1 comment:

  1. The American Girl dolls started when I was about 11. I SO badly wanted one. Never got one, and was really too old.

    I still secretly want one. I secretly want to go to the American Girl store. I secretly want to buy all of the doll accessories.

    Her's are so cute. She is so cute with them. I will have to live vicariously through these sweet pics.

    ReplyDelete