Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Weekend

We were invited to an Eggstravaganza at my friend Crys' house--a barbecue and egg hunt on Easter weekend.  The weather could not have been more pleasant---sunny, light breeze, upper 70 degrees.  DE. LIGHT. FUL.  We had yummy pulled pork sliders, tons of munchies, great conversation and a great time!  Crys wouldn't let us bring ANYTHING---they provided all the food, drinks, AND the filled eggs for the hunt.  They also had a bounce house for the kids, water balloon toss, and silly string!

Kendra with her pal, H, and H's tiny cousin (oh so adorable)

Silly String!!!

Oh, the stringy messes!

Foam craft + markers = a hit!

The hunt is on...

Checking out their loot


The Easter Bunny brought some needed things for Kendra---two new pairs of flip flops, a new tube for the pool, and a pair of sunglasses since her others have gone AWOL.  She also got a bunch of Nerds Ropes because the Bunny got a killer deal on them ($.39 each), some gum, chocolate, and Sour Patch jelly beans (our new favorite!).  The Easter Bunny's sidekick and amazing helper got ME a basket this year.  Kendra really wanted to use some of her allowance so I would have a basket.  What a doll she is.  I got some nice smelling bar soaps, a handy purse-sized sunscreen, and two facial masks.


My basket!  :-)


Easter Sunday was low-key around here.  We purchased a few thick slices of deli ham because I didn't want to spend $30 on a ham for two people and I made au gratin potatoes, green beans, ham and rolls right after church.  We had a lovely church service in which the older primary sang Easter Hosanna--a rather hard one, I might say!  I taught them the song before I was released from my calling as chorister, so the presidency asked me if I would direct it in sacrament meeting (since the kids were used to my direction).  They sounded fantastic!  It was a very nice service and a reminder of the amazing sacrifice of our Savior.  GREAT day, GREAT weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment