Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Quadripusses (or is it Quadripi?)

Kendra is a fan of crafting and the other day she was browsing on the Family Fun website looking for something to make.  She asked me if we had any spare gloves she could use.  Gloves?  So she showed me this cute little craft and after we dug up some gloves she made one for herself and her friends Olivia and Ben.  We went out with those very friends last night, and when she gave the cute things to the younger two (Olivia and Ben), their older two sisters and their three older girl cousins all declared they wanted one, too!  I was a little surprised that they were so enamoured...but teens are unpredictable, aren't they?!?  So Kendra and I had a crafting bonanza today and made five more Quadripusses (or is it Quadripi????) for the older girls. 
The one in front is one of the original three that started it all and belongs to Kendra.
Kendra did most of the hand sewing (you tuck in the thumb and sew it shut and then sew the wristband of the glove shut once stuffed) and she picked all the colors, button coordination, noses, etc.  I was the bow-designer/creator and hot-gluer. 

1 comment:

  1. Cute! Kendra really is a craft queen -- I totally want a nativity like the one she made, but I know I could never copy it and give it justice. Sigh. . .

    I hope y'all have a merry, if snow-free, Christmas. I glad to see that MI blood still runs thru your veins and you know how wrong that is!

    ReplyDelete