Saturday, November 10, 2012

Spirit Week!

Every year for Red Ribbon Week our schools have a Spirit Week.  She had fun participating each day.

Day 1:  Mustache Day!  :-)
 It had a little adhesive strip, but we both knew it wouldn't last the day, so we ended up putting the 'stache on a big Popsicle craft stick and she held it up all day.  She actually got a zillion compliments on the pink-ness AND the idea to put it on a stick!



Day 2:  TWIN DAY!

Kendra's bestie, R, moved four hours south of us this year.  :-(  But apparently, they made a pact that when their schools had twin day they would call and coordinate.  They were twins from afar!  Her mom sent me the pic so I could have both of them together!

I think it is extra cute they both chose the hands-on-hips stance, unaware that the other did the same.  :-)

Day 3:  DECADES DAY
Dress like your favorite era.  I thought Kendra would go with the same old sixties or eighties look like everyone else, but she said, "Mom I just read about Pompeii and I think I want to wear a toga like those people."  Well, it paid off!  On her announcements her Vice Principal was talking about everyone's attire and he said, "And I even saw a cute girl in a toga!"  She was the only toga-attired person, AND she won her class award for most spirit that day!  A friend of mine who does the PTA stuff for the district saw her pic on FB and asked to use it for a district PTA promo, and at the end of the week on her school's announcements they did a recap of spirit week and her picture was on there, too.  Yay for creativity, Kendra!


Day 4:  Wear Red Day.  She did wear red, but we forgot to take a picture!

Day 5:  HAT DAY

I wish they let the kids wear cute hats all the time.  Kendra looks great in them!


No comments:

Post a Comment