Saturday, October 29, 2011

The (Not So) Great Pumpkin

It took this many years to come to this realization--I really, really do NOT like carving pumpkins!  I admire all those really neat designs that I see all over place, but the thought of trying to do one like that just makes me groan.  I don't really mind scooping out the guts.  No, it's not totally pleasant, but I can handle it.  I just do not like carving!  Maybe I don't have the right tools.  Maybe I should buy one of those little knives that they say work wonders and that kids can use themselves.  But I have a hard time believing a cheapo orange plastic handled pumpkin knife is going to out-do my Cutco serrated bad-boy. 

But I'm a mama.  And I do things because I'm a mama and it makes Kendra happy. So here you go...our pumpkin carving evening in photos, and the resultant Not So Great Pumpkin.

I carve, she designs on tiny pumpkins







2 comments:

  1. Colleen, I think it's adorable. I love the eyes. I always do the triangle eyes and I need to be more creative!! I think it turned out great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pretty much share your feelings towards pumpkin carving, but love to see the finished products! Looks like Kendra had fun. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

    We just got 2 tiny pumpkins this year, and drew faces on them....but Jack loved it. Holiday traditions are great for kids (and adults)!

    ReplyDelete