Saturday, September 3, 2011

Concert!!!!

A couple weeks ago, on our school's Meet the Teacher Night, Kendra got quite the surprise.  We had dashed out to get a quick bite to eat before the night began.  We came back to my classroom and found our friends standing there waiting for us.  Crys teaches next door, and Holly is her daughter who has become a close pal of Kendra's.  They looked like they could hardly contain themselves, and Holly shouted out, "Kendra, guess who is going to the Selena Gomez concert?"  We both smiled and were so excited to hear that Holly was going to see her idol.  But before we could say, "Cool!  Have fun!" , Holly shouted, "YOU ARE!!!"  Kendra and I probably had the most puzzled looks on our faces.  Crys explained that she was taking Holly AND Kendra to the concert!  She bought the tickets and wanted to take Kendra as their guest.  WOW!!!! 

Fast forward to the day before the concert when Crys and I were eating lunch in the teacher's lounge.  I explained to her that I would give Kendra some money for refreshments, but she was still deciding about bringing her own money to buy a t-shirt.  Crys then told me that she was going to buy the kids both a shirt.  Are you kidding? 

The girls had the BEST time at the concert.  Kendra got a really cute shirt, and they had so, so much fun.  Crys said that Selena was an amazing artist.  Lots of times people sound different at their live shows, but Selena didn't miss one single note--pitch perfect the whole time, tons of energy, etc.  I'm so grateful for wonderful friends who give my girlie such great experiences and share their generosity so fully.  We are BLESSED.

Ready for the show with their matching concert t's!
I think this one says it all.  Look at that face!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment