Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sailing...my favorite thing!

Got to go sailing with our Ballards again during my birthday week.  It has become tradition, and one I truly love.  I've said it before---sailing is pretty much heaven on earth for me.

Sherry, gorgeous as always.  We got to have some nice conversation on our sail.  BONUS!

Toes hanging off the starboard side, getting a little spray!

On the bow of the boat the whole time---delightful!  Especially fun when the boat is at a 30 degree angle...hence, the foot on the metal post to keep my bo-hiney ON the boat instead of in the water!  (This isn't 30 degrees, but trust me, we got there a few times!)

Better posture = looking skinnier.  Also, Sherry's command to "stick out your chest" doesn't hurt either.  :-)




Cool turtle we saw as we docked at a restaurant for dinner.  Sailing to dinner--can it get better?  I think not.

Scott's aunt and uncle (Joni and Jim) were in town from California.  SUCH delightful people.  I'm so glad I got time to get to know them and enjoy them! 

As we were pulling back into the boathouse, Scott summed up my thoughts exactly when he said, "What is better than owning a boat?  Having friends who own a boat."  AMEN.

1 comment:

  1. I'm trying to decide which is the sexier picture - your "good posture picture" on the boat, or you holding the drill ready to gussy-up your kitchen cabinets. Right now, I'm leaning toward the drill picture, but only because power tools really flip my skirt...

    Either way, you look awesome! Go Colleen!

    ReplyDelete