Sunday, November 28, 2010

Fa la la la laaaaaaa!!!

I happen to live with a person who ADORES Christmas. I mean seriously comes out of her skin in anticipation. It has been so hard for Kendra to wait until Thanksgiving weekend to get out the decorations! I'll admit---I love it almost as much as she does! Our house is now all filled up with the red and green and sparkly stuff that shouts the holidays! Yay! Not too much is different from year to year, except the glaring difference in Kendra as she gets older. She should stop that, I think. I also messed around with my camera and tried some new stuff. I have absolutely no inkling of how to work the thing except in point-and-shoot mode. Someday, when I have time, I really must figure out how to use those manual modes so I can take neato pictures. I did mess around a bit and got a couple of (what I think are) cool looking pics.

This is my fave.  I have no idea what I did, but I like the lighting on this one.

 I just love laying on the ground looking up at the tree, don't you?
I know her face is shadowed a bit, but I love it anyway.  She's so stinkin' cute.

 My simple table. I got those three awesome Wise Men forever ago when I sold Southern Living at Home stuff for about five minutes.  These guys were worth that five minutes, I think.
I think this year I will splurge after the holidays for new, matching stockings.  Mine is pitifully old and SO boring (doesn't even have my name on the right side!).  And there is something wrong when the dog's stocking is cuter than yours.  Seriously.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I just love it!!
    I told Tyler that matching stockings were on our list for next year but when they are $9 a piece (or more) and you times that by 7... Yikes! Maybe there will be good sales after Christmas. Let me know if you find a good one!!
    My stocking is still the same one I used growing up since I was like 4 so it's in need of retirement for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, LOVE the saying on your mantle. And I love the header pic of K. And I'm SO excited I can post now!

    ReplyDelete