Monday, September 6, 2010

Summer's last hurrah...

I guess since we are starting our third week of school this week, summer hurrah-ed a while back, but I guess today made it OFFICIAL.  We were invited to party on the boat house of these fine people...
Aren't they cute?  Our Ballards sure know how to throw a shin dig.  They are the ultimate hosts. 

The party included all the water fun anybody could possibly want.  There were huge floating thingys the kids love to climb up and then jump off of:

Kendra got to bring her friend, R, which was awesome.  Here they are with the lovely L getting ready to tell boys, "This raft is GIRLS ONLY!"  Oh, dear.

I took the JetSki out with R and then gave L a ride as well.  The water was pretty choppy so I don't go super duper fast, but Scott did say it looked like I was kickin' it as we passed him in the speedboat.
I didn't get any pics of the JetSki because, well, I was on it. 

Back to the boathouse, and Kendra and R wanted me to go out with them on the kayaks.  They took the two-man kayak while I used the solo kayak.  Gotta say, it was hilarious.  Those girls couldn't steer to save their lives.  I kept having to yell, "Right paddle, right paddle!" or "Left paddle, left paddle!" because they kept aiming the front of the kayak to the nearest shore/impass/parked boat/tree.  We finally made it back.  Whew.
Again, no pics of this.  Again, I was on a kayak.  I don't trust myself enough to take my very nice camera out on water, thank you very much.

Kids swam more, I sat and chatted with adults more.   Here are some "off the diving board" shots of the girls.

Cute little bobbin' heads. 

The Ballards provided brats and dogs and the fixin's and everyone else brought sides and drinks.  YUM.

This morning, Kendra and I "labored".  We cleaned our house from head to toe.  Then we got to enjoy the rest of our Labor Day with awesome people. 
Kendra and R taking "resting from your labors" seriously!

  Thanks, dear friends, for having us!  We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment